- Have been listed in the membership directory as an assistant script supervisor
- Have performed at least one internship as an unpaid observer for a minimum of 30 days along with script AQTIS members, excluding the commercials. The internship must include at least 15 days on a feature film. For each of these internships, the script will have to write a letter of appreciation.
- Have completed an editing observation internship of at least 10 days duration, preferably on a production on which the technician worked (excluding commercials), and provide AQTIS with a letter signed by the editor or assistant editor attesting to the number of observation days.
- Have accumulated 120 days of work as script supervisor under AQTIS contract on at least 2 productions (the maximum cumulative number of days in advertising is 10 out of 120)
- Pay the membership fee
All of the criteria above also apply to reclassifications. A professional script supervisor from another union or country must accumulate up to 90 days of work on the 120 due with contract recognized by the AQTIS, as a script. The maximum cumulative days on advertising remains 10 days out of 120.
Assistant Script Supervisor
- Have taken the AQTIS 101 course
- Have performed at least one unpaid observation internships of at least 15 days duration with script supervisors who are AQTIS members, excluding the commercials. For each of these internships, the script will have to write a letter of appreciation.
- During the interships as an observer, an assistant script supervisor in training can't occupy the function of an assistant script supervisor. The AQTIS constitution and by-laws, as well as the collective agreements, stipulate that like assistant script supervisors in training, the apprentices may not work as assistant script supervisors;
- Have accumulated 90 days of work as an Assistant Script Supervisor permittee under AQTIS contract on at least 2 different productions (excluding commercials). For each contract of more than 5 days of work, the assistant supervisor in training must have the script supervisor fill out an evaluation grid.
- Pay the membership fee
An assistant script supervisor in training is part of the electronic membership directory as assistant script supervisor once its interships as an observer are completed, his working days are accumulated and that its assessments were satisfactory.
All of the criteria above also apply to reclassifications. A professional assistant script supervisor from another union or country must accumulate up to 70 days of work on the 90 due with contract recognized by the AQTIS as an assistant script supervisor.